How can an exercise physiologist help you?
An exercise physiologist works one-on-one with you to develop personalised exercise plans and exercise rehabilitation plans based on your goals, and health and injury history. This is done through in depth exercise assessments such as aerobic, strength, endurance, range of motion, manual muscle testing, posture, gait and functional testing.
An exercise physiologist is very different to a personal trainer in that they have completed a four year university degree and have a deep understanding of the links between exercise and health and how to best use exercise to treat injuries and chronic or complex conditions such as:
- Heart disease (heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure and high cholesterol)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (injury, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis)
- Mental health
- Worker's Compensation
- Department of Veterans Affair (DVA) - groups and consultations
An exercise physiologist will always start treatment by gaining an understanding of your body, health risk factors and past injury and medical history, before setting exercise goals, building an exercise plan or exercise rehabilitation plan to achieve them and undertaking regular progress reviews to keep you on track to better health.
We also run group programs in the south metro area:
- a fun, supportive environment for those looking to get into exercise.
360 Health Centre Rockingham
14 - 16 Commodore Drive, Rockingham
Mondays and Wednesday at 9am
Cost: $10 per class, or free for those with diabetes on a GP referral.
Hydrotherapy - for those with a chronic disease or balance impairments who find it difficult to exercise on land.
Kwinana Recquatic Centre
Cnr Robbos Way and Skerne St, Kwinana
Thursdays at 2:30pm
Cost: $12 per class, or free for those with diabetes on a GP referral.
Why choose a 360 exercise physiologist?
Exercise often forms just one part of a chronic disease management plan or injury rehabilitation program. Often, to achieve your goals, you may need the assistance of other health care professionals, such as dietitians to make sure your diet and nutrition are playing their part.
- We have a large team of allied health professionals working collaboratively under the one roof, so we can offer you holistic support
- All our services are subject to ongoing quality improvement processes to make sure they are always delivering the best possible outcomes
- We communicate all your health plans back to your GP so they can support you in achieving your goals and always understand your full health picture.
- We are a social enterprise, so any payments you make to us are reinvested back into community, health and social initiatives to make our state better all round.
What qualifications do 360 exercise physiologists have?
All 360 exercise physiologists are accredited with ESSA (Exercise & Sports Science Australia) and have completed formal university training.
How do 360 exercise physiologists deliver their services?
All 360 exercise physiologists deliver their services in a friendly and non-judgemental environment. Sessions are held one-on-one, however we also have a number of group programs available where you can benefit from the support of a group of like-minded people.
As we deliver a personalised service, the best thing to do is contact our exercise physiology team on 1300 706 922 and find out the best solution for achieving your goals.
How much does a session with an exercise physiologist cost?
The cost is dependent on your situation. We offer a range of subsidies for eligible participants, as well as rebates from most major health funds. When you contact us, we will confirm exactly how much you can expect to pay for each session.
Do I need a referral for an exercise physiologist?
No you don't. Our exercise physiology sessions can be accessed by anyone.
Where does 360 deliver exercise physiology?
360 exercise physiology is available all across the metro area in the areas of: Armadale, Fremantle, Guildford, Medina, Osborne Park, Pinjarra, Joondalup, Bentley and Rockingham. For your nearest service please call us on 1300 706 922.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY